Overview[edit | edit source]
The C-4 demolition charge is a powerful explosive that can do extreme damage over a wide area. They can used to blow up architectural obstacles, eliminate large groups of charging enemies, or against large enemies. A remote control unit is used to detonate one of more charges simultaneously from a safe distance. Each charge is fitted with a remote detonator and universal hooks; these hooks allow the C-4 to stick to designated positions as marked by a holographic C-4 icon. These designated positions include enemy torsos if the player is daring enough to get up close.
The demolition charge is one of only two items in Serious Sam 3: BFE that can be supplied in resupply crates (which appear as red when containing C-4).
The player can carry up to 10 blocks of C-4 on normal and higher difficulties, but after placing C-4 you can collect more before you detonate it. Therefore it is possible to place an infinite amount of C-4.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- C-4 is useful for destroying walls and other obstacles, especially pillars used by Aurigan Cave Demons.
- C-4 does more damage if it is attached to a target rather than if it was simply detonated on the ground at close proximity to an enemy. It's important to remember this when engaging stronger enemies like Scrapjacks, or Khnums, as even detonating a mass of C-4 near them is not guaranteed to do significant damage. This can be disregarded when engaging weaker enemies, as the explosive power is enough to decimate weaker enemies in droves.
- Keep in mind that if an enemy with C-4 attached to it is killed without being detonated, the dropped block of C-4 cannot be picked up and will stay on the ground until detonation.
- C-4 charges attached to enemies will detonate if they're gibbed.
Bugs/glitches[edit | edit source]
- When used in multiple circumstances at the same time, such as placing C-4 on a designated point and then placing some randomly on the ground, when detonated, not all the C-4 will detonate at the same time (usually the C-4 placed in designated positions will not explode), requiring the detonator to be pressed a second time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The behavior of this weapon is like the Pipebomb, a weapon cut from Serious Sam: The First Encounter.
- This weapon is also similar the the pipebomb from Duke Nukem 3D.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]