Overview[edit | edit source]
The Beetle is a large insect-like creature with a green exoskeleton and an orange body. It has two horns, but it seems that the horns have been transformed into a flamethrower. The front of the Beetle is completely invulnerable to attacks, but the orange body that's behind it is vulnerable to attacks, such as bullets and rockets, which is essentially its one big weak spot.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Beetle has two attacks; flamethrower and charge. Normally, the Beetle will use the flamethrower in a certain pattern; it will look down, then start moving the flamethrower up until it's looking about 90 degrees upwards. The charge is pretty much what it sounds like; the Beetle will charge towards the target while flying. This attack is usually done when the player gets close to its back in order to prevent the player from shooting its weak spot, but it will occasionally do this without the player getting close to its back.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Avoiding its flamethrower can be done by walking backwards away from it. The flamethrower has limited range, and once the player is far enough, its flamethrower is completely harmless.
- In order to get a chance to shoot at the Beetle's vulnerable side, run past the Beetle. This lets you get a good shot at the Beetle's back. Even if the Beetle tries to fly away when the player gets to its back, you can just follow it while shooting at its weak spot.
- Multiple Beetles are not difficult to deal with, despite what it may look like at first glance. The most important tip is to focus on one of the Beetles and constantly try to get behind it in order to kill it. The removal of one of the Beetles gives the player a lot more room to dodge the other Beetle's flamethrower. Also, try to avoid getting caught between the two Beetles. Having a Beetle on both side gives the Beetles plenty of chances to hit the player, which will hurt.
- When paired with other enemies, the Beetle's threat depends on the amount of room the player has to walk around with. If the player has a good amount of room, then the Beetle is little threat to the player because the player has plenty of room to run away from its flamethrower. However, if the player is in a somewhat-tight area, killing the Beetles should be a top priority because they player won't have enough room to dodge its Flamethrower, along with attacks from other enemies. By taking out the Beetle in that situation, it gives the player much more room to dodge other attacks.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: Double D (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam: Double D: XXL (Non-canonical appearance)