Overview[edit | edit source]
The axe is an ordinary chopping axe with a dark grey head and a wooden handle. It is functionally identical to its predecessor, the sledgehammer, in every way, despite being a bladed weapon instead of a blunt-force one. Thus, it retains the sledgehammer's three different attacks, good use against large groups of low-health enemies, lack of any required ammo to use, and ability to be swung while sprinting.
Unlike the sledgehammer, the axe is only seen with a basic wooden shaft; no second variation with a metal grip exists.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Use the axe exactly like the sledgehammer would be used; briefly, place your hits carefully and a single strike should instantly kill anything up to a Kleer Skeleton (in terms of health).
- Since the weapon retains all three firing modes of a sledgehammer, certain attacks can be extremely useful in various situations, e.g. a full turn swing should be used when the player is cornered or surrounded by horde of weaker enemies.
- Just like the sledgehammer, the axe will be swung faster and without the usual wind-up animation if the player's currently in combat, shown by Sam holding the weapon over his head rather than up to his chest.
- For obvious reasons, don't use this on explosive enemies, such as Beheaded Kamikazes.
- The strongest enemies the player should ever use this weapon on are Sirian Werebulls, which take two swings instead of the usual one. Anything else, such as Adult Arachnoids, take too many hits to justify the health you'll lose while fighting one up close.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The axe shares the same tactics, combat role and achievements as the sledgehammer.
- The words 'GENUINE GNAAR SLAYER' and 'SERIOUS WEAPONS FOR SERIOUS PEOPLE' can be seen imprinted on the axe's blade. 'GRAND CHOPPERS CROATIA' can be also seen on the handle.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam 3: BFE (First appearance) (Jewel of the Nile DLC only)
- Serious Sam 3 VR: BFE (Jewel of the Nile DLC only)