The Aurigan Cave Demon is an enemy encountered in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
The Cave Demon is a primarily nocturnal predator that originates from dark and cold caves in the bowels of Beta Aurigae, located in the Sirius Supercluster. They are the most atypical monkey-like creatures in the Serious Sam series.
Behavior and skillsEdit
On their home planet, Cave Demons are known to be bloodthirsty and dangerous. Their sharp claws enable them to cling to walls and ceilings, and wait in ambush until unsuspecting prey is near. Using their strong hind legs, they jump down on the victim from far away. Refraining from open fights, if the player fights back, they will quickly jump back away and hide in the dark. When they lurk hidden in the dark, only their glowing eyes give away their presence.
The Cave Demon does not charge at the player like most enemies do, but instead lurks on columns, waiting for its opportunity to leap towards the player and attack. If there are no columns around, they will instead latch onto walls or jump onto the roof of buildings. They can leap great distances as well.
- Cave Demons usually don't appear with other enemies. When they do, they are low-priority targets. Trying to chase after them leaves you vulnerable to more dangerous and aggressive enemies.
- The Sirian Mutilator is a great weapon against a Cave Demon or small groups of them. Wait for the Cave Demon to leap out at you, then immediately step sideways and use the Mutilator on it. The beam will stun it for as long as it has been lassoed by the beam. It can be an effective way of quickly dispatching Cave Demons without having to waste ammo when attempting to shoot them.
- Cave Demons are commonly spawned in rooms with lots of pillars or columns, sometimes in small to medium groups.
- When a Cave Demon jumps at you, shoot it quickly before it gets the chance to hide away.
- Due to their low health, they can be killed easily with the M29 Infantry Assault Rifle or 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun; their health is low enough to be taken out at close to medium range with the shotgun, so as long as most pellets connect.
- The SOP38 Pistol can be used to take out individual Cave Demons that are clinging onto walls, though because it takes many shots to kill one, this makes the gun ineffective for groups.
- Using C-4 Demolition Charges to kill multiple Cave Demons that are hiding behind columns can be a bit of a gamble, as they may leap to another column or onto a wall just as soon as the C-4 explodes.
- Their loud shrieks are a good indicator when they are about to leap at you. An experienced player can kill the Demon in mid-air or avoid it by strafing or moving backwards.
|Kill 5 Cave Demons while they're in air.|
- Occasionally, the Cave Demon's AI may cause it to glitch as it attempts to leap onto a pillar or wall.