Overview[edit | edit source]
This sensor mine was made by Mental-Altani to target anyone who is not affiliated with the corporation. Due to a manufacturing issue, the mine will target anyone that gets too close to it, even Mental-Altani affiliated units.
When the target get within close proximity to a mine, it wll reveal itself, but will become invisible again once the target is out of its range. Shooting or stepping over the mine will make it explode. Destroying a mine will not set off other mines in the area, so the player can only destroy one mine at a time.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
Mines are only found in minefields, which are indicated by the red warning signs. Mines are frequently scattered around minefields, and should be avoided at all costs, unless the player wants to get stars or earn the Mine Sweeper achievement.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- When a mine reveals itself, destroy it before stepping on it.
- When clearing out minefields, the player needs to make sure that they keep their distance to avoid taking damage from the explosion.
- The Oozegun is a fairly effective weapon for clearing minefields, as the ooze clouds fired by the oozegun can destroy mines, so long as they are visible.
- The Flamethrower, Shotgun and Thompson are useful weapons for clearing minefields.
- Enemies will continue to chase the player even when going through a minefield. The player can turn the tides in their favor by having the enemies step on the mines. This way, the mines can be used to wipe out large groups of enemies swarmed together, such as Beheaded Kamikazes.
Related achievements[edit | edit source]
|Destroy all mines in the Bogus Campaign.|
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)