The Highlander's Bride is a female Highlander Aludran Reptiloid. She is more aggressive and dangerous than the male, due to her all-year-round PMS and enormous size; she has a height of 246 ft (75 m), making her taller than even the huge Lava Golem and the monster variant of The General.
The Highlander's Bride is the rarest enemy in Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. In official levels, there are only two instances where she is located. The first occurrence of the Bride is in Tower of Babel in the "second round" secret. The second Reptiloid appears in Land of the Damned on co-op while playing on at least Hard difficulty.
Like the normal Highlander, she has two attacks. Her primary attack consists of launching three fireballs in a quick succession initially and 6 when her health is low. Her second attack is an extremely powerful and long-ranged melee attack dealing a whooping 120 points of damage that can instantly kill the player even on Normal difficulty.
She is stationary whenever she appears, despite being the fastest enemy in the game. She behaves exactly like normal Highlanders, except that she has twice as much health and her punch attack does more damage.
- Avoid getting even in medium-close range or death is almost certain.
- Considering the Bride's extremely high health, the SBC Cannon is the ultimate weapon against her. Other weapons will do a miniscule amount of damage to her unless Serious Damage is active.
- If in the Tower of Babel, the player should use the secret Invulnerability power-up if they haven't obtained previously to avoid getting damaged. However, she is far away, and her fireballs are rather easy to dodge.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (First appearance)
- Serious Sam: Xbox (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam Classics: Revolution (Non-canonical appearance)