Woohoo! They've made the guns even BIGGER since the last game!
This article is non-canon. As such it does not take place in the 'real' Serious Sam universe.
The AK-47 is a weapon that appears in Red Day: Episode One.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The AK-47 is an automatic assault rifle, and is functionally identical to its real-life counterpart. However, it holds 50 rounds in its magazine instead of the regular 30. Like the M29 Infantry Assault Rifle, it uses assault rifle bullets as ammunition.
The weapon has much heavier recoil and poorer accuracy than the M29, though it still does the same amount of damage. Also like the M29, the player can aim the sights of the gun to fire more accurately, though this does reduce the player's movement speed.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
The AK-47 is a fairly common weapon throughout the Red Day: Episode One campaign. It is first obtained in Point of No Return, where it is used to defeat two Major Bio-mechanoids. Ammo for the AK-47 is also plentiful.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- It is best to aim down the sights when using the AK-47, otherwise the bullets may miss.
- Like the M29, the AK-47 is a brilliant and versatile weapon against groups of weak to medium targets, such as Beheaded Kamikazes, Beheaded Rocketeers, Cloned Soldiers, Gnaars, Hatchling Arachnoids, Hatchling Antaresian Spiders, and Minor Bio-mechanoids.
- The AK-47 is quite useful for taking down Common Aludran Reptiloids and Scrapjacks, though it is best to do this against an individual or small groups and once all other enemies have been taken out.
- This weapon is not effective against Major Bio-mechanoids due to their high health. Using it otherwise is just a waste of ammo.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Red Day: Episode One (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)